|“||But none of us would survive if they got control over the timeline.||„|
The episode begins in Hotland at Sans's Hot Dog Stand in a new timeline following Sans's reset (which happened in Yet Darker). Frisk is seen trying to balance a number of hot dogs (and possibly hot cats) for a few seconds until they fall over, the food falling with them.
After they confirm they're alright, Sans warns Frisk that they shouldn't reset anymore, saying it could have side effects such as time anomalies and allow things that aren't meant to be there to appear (for example, Chara). Frisk arrives at Alphys' Lab only to find that the front entrance and the entrance to the True Lab have been blasted open.
Frisk then enters the True Lab, stepping on the dust of an Amalgamate and the ball it was playing with. They enter the room where the Determination Extractor is located just to find Chara waiting for them. Chara explains that these "errors" are fun and that only one Determination soul needs to exist, as well as revealing that those "weird melted monsters" gave them enough determination to last for a good while. Frisk then tries to reset, but Chara adds "even enough to match YOURS".
Flowey then appears in the elevator that would take Frisk to New Home, wondering why they're taking so long before peeking around the corner. Chara then grabs Frisk and throws them into the Determination Extractor, saying that their determination will make things way easier for them. Flowey remembers what Chara did to him in the Genocide Route, and decides to help Frisk by rushing to Sans for help. Flowey tells Sans that Chara has returned and has captured Frisk. Sans is skeptical at first, but agrees to help after Flowey tells him that no one will survive if Chara obtains control over the timeline.
Sans and Flowey then arrive at the True Lab, where they find Chara using the Determination Extractor to take Frisk's determination. Chara places a shield of hate over the extractor, then regards the situation, calling Sans a comedian, Flowey a traitor, and themselves a "megalomaniac" before firing a blast of determination at the duo.
Sans and Flowey battle Chara, Sans manages to land a hit on Chara by scraping their cheek with a bone that they had previously dodged. Chara wipes the blood off their cheek as if it's nothing, then proceeds to stab the ground with their knife, with the ground beginning to glow red as a result. Chara then welcomes Sans and Flowey to their "special hell" before giggling and disappearing.
Sans teleports himself and Flowey onto an inactive Gaster Blaster above the ground, then counters the attack with an array of Gaster Blasters before becoming tired and teleporting him and Flowey onto the ground. While Sans tries to regain his breath, Chara then says that everything is Flowey's fault, then continues to say that they just had to get six souls, but he decided to show the humans mercy. Chara then says "You betrayed me, Asriel." and that they ended up like this because of him. Chara however plans to not show Flowey any mercy, by saying "it's kill or be killed, after all".
The Determination Extractor is then finished extracting Frisk's determination and the duo resume their battle against Chara in a race to get Frisk's determination. Flowey wraps a vine around Chara's wrist, allowing Sans to reach the power before they can. Chara, however, severs their own arm and grabs the determination before escaping. Sans and Flowey help Frisk out of the machine before teleporting out of the True Lab.
Chara's arm reforms as they are seen with their new save file that holds their name, their LV which has only two dashes on it and that their file has been saved while the flavour text displays the word *Determination. The screen cuts to black as Chara is heard laughing. Back at Sans's own lab, it's revealed that Frisk is still alive but unconscious. Sans then tells Flowey that they're going to have to ask for help and the machine that Sans keeps under a cloth is seen. The episode then ends.
- During Frisk and Sans's conversation, the background doesn't change when the screen flashes to Sans.
- There is a grammatical error from the dialogue of Sans "why are you even telling me this?." (Notice how a period is used in the end despite the presence of a question mark.
- When Frisk goes into the True Lab, they step on a pile of dust and walk back to the place they came from. But they were actually supposed to go deeper in the True Lab as seen in the next scene.
- There is a grammatical error from the dialogue of Chara saying "this will be intersting." (incorrect spelling of interesting.)
- Flowey's petals are layered incorrectly in multiple scenes.
- Chara's arms seem to be alternating each other in multiple scenes. An example is when Chara's knife switches from one hand to another without them actually shifting it to their other hand. Another example is when Chara cuts of their left arm, but their right hand is the one that recovers.
- Before Camila released the episode, NyxTheShield joined the Glitchtale Staff and composed the Megalo Strike Back Remix for Chara.
|Season 1||Megalomaniac ◆ Yet Darker ◆ *Determination ◆ Your Best Friend ◆ Continue ◆|
|Season 2||My Sunshine ◆ Dust ◆ Do or Die ◆ Love ◆ My Promise ◆ Game Over ◆|
|Miscellaneous||Sans vs Flowey ◆ Scared Of Me ◆ Don't forget... ◆ Glitchtale Origins... The Black Beast ◆|